Monday, August 1, 2011

Schoooooooolllllllssssss out for summer!

Now I remember why I dropped out of college! It's freakin' hard! Well, that and it was really expensive. Oh, and I hated high school, finally graduated and brought my hate right into college. And, of course, I don't like people or classrooms. Yeah. Any of those reasons.....

BUT!!!! 

This class is over!

And it was great. I really learned a lot.

When I tell you that there were over thirty something lessons then I mean a lot.

If you are interested she is having another class in September. Go here.

Now I just have to apply all the things that I learned to my finished work and my current works in progress.

No problem.




That should be done in no time at all!

There are two ways to handle this. Two ways that I can think of.

Work on all the lessons in sections of the book or do an individual lesson through the whole book before moving on to the next lesson.

Not sure which one will work better for moi. But, I am sure that it needs to be done.

So, I know what I will be doing for the next month or two...what about you?

Last important tip from class...Make sure your man characters sound like a man and not like a woman trying to sound like a man. Same goes for a woman character written by a man. Or any funky combination that you can come up with!

6 comments:

  1. I'd say go through with a couple of the lesson ideas at a time. Then you're not looking for everything, nor do you have to go through it thirty times. And yes, writing as the opposite sex is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for you!
    but now you sound busier than before.
    and how the heck am i supposed to know if my man sounds like an impersonator!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you just reminded me of all the nightmares I still have about college and all the crappy worthless courses they put me through. I practice being a man before I write about my male characters...that doens't sound right...what I mean is that I observe the common male in their natural habitat. :) Yeah, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't want to crowd into your territory.. but do you think this is something good for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex - Good point about going through it 30 times. That would suck. Writing about sex is hard...wait...you said writing as the opposite sex...sorry!

    Tara - I know. But busy is good, right? Your man shouldn't notice the same stuff ladies do. And they shouldn't feel the same stuff ladies do. Hmmm. That didn't come out the way I meant. My mind is in the gutter.

    Laila - It's your fault that my mind is in the gutter! I'm still laughing about how you practice being a man! Observe the common male in their natural habitat? You mean on the couch?

    Suz - I'll talk to you about it.

    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.