Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sucker!

"I got a fever! And the only prescription...is more cowbell!"

Yep. I got issues.

I found another two, not one, but two blogfests that I want to enter. 

Let me give you the scoopage!


March 4, 2011
The Gone but not Forgotten Blogfest from Erinn at something else to distract me.

 

TV shows. You love them, you watch them, you plan your life around watching them. OK, not so much anymore since they created the wonderful DVR! But, you have dedicated large portions of your life to these shows and then some network ASS comes along and since the numbers aren't lining up for him like a cosmic g-spot he cancels your favorite show! 

Or, it had a good run and now it's over...but not for you!


So, list your top 5 favorite TV shows that are no longer making NEW episodes.

AND

March 7, 2011
The Catch me if you can Blogfest from Kristina at KayKay's Corner.
 

The Question: Does my Work In Progress catch the reader's attention right away? Post the first 550 words (or less) of your current WIP and see!

Both of these blogfests are still open if you are interested in signing up. 


And of course the April A to Z blogfest starts in less than a month. I have about half of the topics for the letters picked out. I read a suggestion to write them all this month and post them all next month. It is smart and efficient and way to responsible for me. I think I will write the posts as I go hoping that my 'work better under pressure' theory holds up.

Anyone else think we need more cowbell? 

7 comments:

  1. Cool beans on both blogfests. I'm taking a break for a weak or so. Gotta get caught up on the writing - actually, the submission.

    See ya later.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo - I like the Gone but Not Forgotten topic! I don't have a blog so I don't think I can enter...but here would be my submissions:

    1) The West Wing
    2) 21 Jump Street
    3) Emergency
    4) Mad About You
    5) Cheers

    There are good ones out now, but I miss those! I don't even think I can get DVDs of some of them. :-(

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - Good luck with your writing and submission. I know I should be doing more writing currently but my mind is a buzz with other things right now. Thanks for coming by.

    Katie - One of your shows matches one of mine but you will have to wait until tomorrow to find out which one! I don't know if you can get these on DVD but I did love Mad About You and Jump Street. Where Mr. Depp began his amazing career!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great info. Will definately be taking part. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Really explore the studio space this time." ~ Bruce Dickenson

    Thanks for making me laugh. We have a close friend who always breaks out his SNL: The Best of Christopher Walken DVD on the holidays. The skit never grows old for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robert - Love that skit with the cowbell. Always makes me laugh. I had to watch it again before I posted the line!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.