Monday, August 2, 2010

Gearing up for an argument

My two lead characters are about to have a huge blowout.

I've spent like 2 weeks trying to get out of my funk and get back in a good mood.

Now I'm having trouble getting angry enough to fight...I mean to have them fight...I mean...well, you know what I mean.

I actually thought it was very funny. Here I was poised at the beginning of the paragraph and I had nothing! Even my husband can tell you that I am always ready for a fight. I love to fight. I love when my characters fight. I love the banter. I usually can't wait for the fighting but .... feh!

Maybe tomorrow morning.

I'm just going to keep writing this one and see where it takes me. I had a first kiss scene all worked out but now I don't think it can happen the way I wanted it too. I hate to get rid of it, cause I like it, so I guess I will have to save it for another book.

I love that first kiss.

What a difference from the first book too. Those characters were kissing on like the third page in that book. I'm already at page 90 something and these guys haven't kissed in this book, hell not even close!

I don't know if that's good or bad to be honest.

There is something to be said for suspense but sheesh!

I usually hate books that make me wait a long time.

Uh oh.

No news from anyone. I have heard that HQN will eventually send a 'no thank you' letter. I did send the SASE for their convenience. I would have liked to have answers from all of them but I guess that wasn't meant to be. Guess I shouldn't be so CDO. (That's OCD for most people.)

4 comments:

  1. You know, eventually publishing your blog maybe the way to go. I really enjoy what you write here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as published as it can be, actually.
    Thank you.
    Just for that, when I finish the kiss scene I've been talking about, I might just send it to you early.
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a file called "stuff", it's where I keep all those little paragraphs that I cut but are too good to throw under the bus. It's a good thing to keep your good ideas and even good one liners, you never know when you'll need one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For years that file was my actual stories! But yes, I have been keeping the good stuff that I don't use in one for hopefully another. It's accepting that the perfect scene isn't the perfect one for this story.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.